low signal GSM-carrier, need Net10 phone on Verizon or Sprin

low signal GSM-carrier, need Net10 phone on Verizon or Sprin

Postby darlingdreamer » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:32 pm

Hi,

RE: finding which Net10 phones (for my area) run on Verizon or Sprint.

My phone is now the LG900g in the LA area. It's a Java phone with a 2meg camera. (same as the LG300GW for the phone nerds, but you already knew that.:)
I get a low signal where I live, inside or outside. From past experience with ATT it drops calls and TMobile is low.
Summarized: TMobile gives a low signal and ATT gives a very low signal where I live. There's a 3 story building between here and a clear area (park then small local airport) and there's an excellent signal on the other side of the building but not where I live. My guess is that that building shadows us from a cell tower.

I've talked to Net10 tech support (in British Guinea and then the supervisor in the Philippines. I got nowhere. They keep telling me (reading from their book of truth-and-information I suppose) that I have a great signal in my area. Then they tell me that they cannot tell me what carrier a phone is on till I order it. That's obviously because their book doesnt tell them but with proper knowledge they would know. I need to know this.
When I had Net10 a year ago It was open infomation and I had talked to Tech-Support about it then when it wasn't a big secret. A year ago I wanted GSM and didn't have a desire to get online with my phone. Times change.

Using the LG900g at home I get terrible signal and broken up conversations. I can hardly get on the internet and that only seldom.
An extra comment for the interested: the default browser "runs out of memory" after 1 webpage. It's useless. (I downloaded Opera Mini 4 and it's brilliant in comparison. I can see the page. Press a 1 and it zooms to a kind of view where I don't have to do the "horizontal scroll".

All this is from home. I will guess it's better somewhere else but I haven't actually done the experiment with internet. I know talk is better.

I'd like to buy a phone to take advantage of the $30/month unlimited rate BUT I need to find out which phone runs on which network. If it's the same network I won't be buying it.

So this is to find out what I can get on some other network. I'd appreciate any contributions.

Peaceout.
darlingdreamer

Re: low signal GSM-carrier, need Net10 phone on Verizon or S

Postby Jennifer1 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi darlingdreamer. My name is NET10 Jennifer. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jennifer1

Return to Links to NET10 service maps and discussions about coverage.