Porting Verizon Numbers to Net10

Porting Verizon Numbers to Net10

Postby email4butch » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:08 pm

I bought 2 Net10 phones so I could transfer my service from Verizon to Net10. I completed the information and ported over the 1st phone number from my account on Wednesday. The Ticket entry on the web doesn't give updates so I called at 10 am. They said it would be an hour to an hour and a half. I called again at 12:30 but was on hold for over 15 minutes so I hung up. Two hours later, the 1st phone was activated and working. Porting completed by 4 PM. All together, not too bad, 26 hours.
I then ported over my main number on Thursday afternoon. On Friday around noon time I called and the girl read from the sheet print out. So I told her to please call her other number at Tech support so I could get an update. She then asked for my ticket number again. She then got back on said said it would be a 2 to 3 hours. This morning I called and asked for an update. Seems they had the wrong password for the account and Verizon rejected it. I gave her the correct password. She entered it in, while i was on the phone, and said it went through and to give it a few minutes.
That was at 9 AM, it's now 11 AM. Oh-oh... My Verizon phone is off. Seems it has ported. My Net10 phone updated the date and time but still says Activation Required. I got a text message from Net 10 but can't open it as phone is in limbo. I checked my Account info and it still shows the phone inactive. I just tried to power off and on the phone again, but it still says Activation Required.
Ticket #1043801101.
email4butch

Re: Porting Verizon Numbers to Net10

Postby elle » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi email4butch. My name is NET10 elle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
elle

Postby email4butch » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:51 pm

All set, finally got through to Customer Service on the 800 line.... both phones working great... also filled out form for credit of minutes and got that as well..

A very happy Ex-Verizon customer!!

But, Net10 should have the phones programmed so minutes are not deducted when dialing Net10...
email4butch

Postby Net - Nancy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi email4butch,

We're happy that your phone is already working now. Should you need assistance please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks.
Net - Nancy

Postby email4butch » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:37 pm

OK, not good news... my wife's phone is no longer working... both phones were ok.. but today, without warning, she is unable to make calls, a recording says it has been deactivated..... went onto my log in and sure enough it says it is now inactive... gggrrrrrr
email4butch

Postby email4butch » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:42 pm

and this is the phone where Net10 gave us a credit for the minutes and restarted the 30 day period over... and now it's off.....
the real problem here is NET10 has my other cell number and my email address... how is it i find out after the fact.... hey we are going to deactivate your other phone.... then I could say why.. then someone would say because of x,y,z and then I could say no... I got that here... or whatever the silly reason is going to be as to why it's deactivated......

from Happy Camper to not so happy in record time..

:cry:
email4butch

Postby email4butch » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:45 pm

:shock:

so, is anyone on today??????
email4butch

Postby email4butch » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:51 pm

sooooo, looking at this posting forum... it took 7 hours to respond to me when I had a problem... and like 3 minutes to respond when I had good news to say.... :o

I guess I will check back in a bit... but am guessing i will have to call.. which is a killer since it's usually a 15 minute wait on hold...

I'm starting to have a bad feeling.... :?
email4butch

Postby email4butch » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:08 pm

so I just posted a NEW topic in the forum in case those get tagged first...

We will see......

:oops:
email4butch

Postby crzyn8me » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Out of curiosity, with the phone in "limbo," what did the resolution end up being for that? Was there something that needed to be done on the phone itself, or was it all on their end?
crzyn8me

Next

Return to Making the transition to NET10 prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.