Nightwing73

Re: Configure APN for NET10 on iPhone

Postby Nightwing73 » Tue May 29, 2012 12:29 pm

PM sent
Nightwing73

Postby Nightwing73 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:27 pm

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2283

Refer to this link to see what I am talking about and walk me thru what to put into each field

Also in the Apple Configuration utility...what do you put in the username and password fields?

I still cannot access data so I am doing something wrong or this method does not work as stated.
Nightwing73

Postby Charisse » Wed May 30, 2012 4:13 am

Hi Nightwing73. My name is NET10 Charisse. Let me help you. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Charisse

Postby Nightwing73 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:11 pm

Ok the Apple Configuration Utility does work and without a jailbreak.

My problem was that the sim card was never provisioned which I found on google to see someone on Straightalk's forums was having the same issue. In the times I have called Net10 tech support....I was never once told this and for that I am extremely disappointed. And for those that have tried to help me on these forums I am surprised that none of you knew to ask this either. Need to work on this guys!

But my issue is resolved however for those wanting to do this with their IPhone make sure the sim card is provisioned! :geek:
Nightwing73

Postby araske » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:32 pm

I am seriously considering Net 10 for my official unlocked gsm iphone 4S. I am wondering how do you make sure your micro sim card is provisioned so that your data works? I understand how to create an APN using iphone configuration utility as I currently have done this with another provider. Are their additional steps to take to get data to work other than activate micro sim, put in micro sim, have unlimited $50 plan, set up APN? 8-)
araske

Postby Nightwing73 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:39 pm

Also guys....you will NOT have the ability to send or receive picture or video texts with this method. You will have web access so if that's all you want then use this method.

But for those that want MMS also....You will need to jailbreak your phone and use an app called Tetherme to access proper settings.

To jailbreak your phone go here: http://greenpois0n.com/2012/05/absinthe ... s-arrived/

If you want to Enable MMS (after you have a jailbroken iPhone ) then install Tetherme from Cydia and you can go into the Settings->General->Network->Cellular Data Settings Menu and Edit them as below

Settings
Cellular Data
APN: att.mvno
Username:
Password:
MMS
APN: att.mvno
Username:
Password:
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33:80
MMS Max Size: 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL:

Nothing else needs to be changed.

I wish that it wasn't so difficult to enable the iPhone to use the network but I assure you guys this method works. :geek:
Nightwing73

Postby Sophie1 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:47 am

Hi araske. My name is NET10 Sophie and I will be addressing your question. After activating the phone with the BYOP SIM card, just update the APN settings for the data feature to work. Thank you.
NET10 - Sophie
Sophie1

Re: Configure APN for NET10 on iPhone -PROVISIONING

Postby bud334 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:04 pm

After ordering my net10unlimited sim and porting over my net10payasyougo number, my iphone 3gs unlocked (not jailbroken) iphone works as a phone but gets "could not activate cellular data network. you are not a subscriber to a cellular data service" error message. (wireless works fine) although the APN is configured according to this forum post. To confirm, I downloaded and configured the APN settings using the iphone configuration utility and noticed there was no provisioning on this phone sim number. As mentioned in another post here I believe my phone is not provisioned properly. Can someone help?

Note: Just trying to get signed up on the websites auto refill unlimited plan was problematic. I am registered on the site, my billing info is good and net10 cust service after 2.5 hours fianlly got it to bill me after initally signing up with a purchased pin card. However when I looking at the net10 web portal the screen shows all my correct information including new sim and old (same) correct phone number, AND refill info at the bottom, yet the top of the screen the phone sim shows INACTIVE PHONE ... again maybe provisioning can help this if not ???
bud334

Postby Stephanie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:04 am

Hi bud334. My name is NET10 Stephanie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. I will contact you directly with a private message to help you with your issue. Thanks!
Net - Stephanie
Stephanie

PreviousNext

Return to Accessing websites and other Web discussions.