Throttled...

Throttled...

Postby ketchupshirt88 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:35 pm

My current plan is set at 2GB of high speed data. Phone says i have used 12GB >>> SINCE FEBRUARY 2016!!!

I never reset the counter, i just keep a running total. Billing started 3 weeks ago and I have just been told that i have exceeded my 2GB cap... I find that hard to believe considering Ive used 12GB TOTAL of mobile data in the last 20 months.

I will be shopping around for a better option. Unfortunately for me, (or fortunate for Net10) all mobile carriers are pretty equally awful. Either low caps, high prices, or just plain shady throttling practices.
ketchupshirt88

Re: Throttled...

Postby alita » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Hi ketchupshirt88. My name is NET10 Alita. Sorry that you’re having a problem. Please check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thank you.
alita

Re: Throttled...

Postby ketchupshirt88 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:40 pm

the PM is literally just a link to talk to an agent... i promise you that this is not an actual solution because that's exactly what i did BEFORE i made my forum post.

I chatted a tech support agent to ask why my data was painfully slow, i was told i hit my 2 GB cap. I said, ok ill just have to increase it for next month. Then I looked at the "cellular stats" tab on my phone and i founds that it shows >12GB used since i bought the phone in Feb 2016...

Why is the standard practice for any issue to try and move it to private messages and chat? Is it maybe because you don't want to admit how many customers have problems and what those problems are? You don't want that kind of information to be searchable in the forums?
ketchupshirt88

Return to Accessing websites and other Web discussions.