tfdata no longer working

tfdata no longer working

Postby zenyosh » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:30 pm

I had just gotten everything to work (MMS both ways, internet), but the next day there is no internet connection. No APNs were changed overnight. I started everything from scratch, rebooted and now whatever I do, I cannot get any type of data connection with the tfdata settings. I get internet using wap.tracfone as my APN, but no MMS both ways. I am truly puzzled by this, especially since I just had everything working!

I would appreciate any help.
zenyosh

Re: tfdata no longer working

Postby zenyosh » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:44 pm

If you are no longer getting any data with the tfdata APN settings, please post. Maybe that way we will know that it is something on net10's end and that there is nothing wrong with our phones.

Take a minute to join if you're not a member and share your experience. Thanks.
zenyosh

Postby zenyosh » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:29 am

Called CS for the first time and was expecting the worst. Their accents aren't as bad as I've read and they are trying to do their job as well as they can.

Anyway, the solution turns out to be making a phone to a local number. It connects your device to their system. I spent many hours trying to fix this, hence my posting in this forum. Unfortunately for me I ported a number with an area code from another state with an area code I no longer make calls to. Once I called my own phone, the "H" showing data connection showed up in my notification bar. Now I'm back trying to get my MMS to work with the "trick" I posted several days ago.

This problem I had may not affect many people, but I hope it can help those it does. I still can't figure out why this happened as I didn't reset my phone during the night? I'll post if I can figure it out.
zenyosh

Postby Net - Emma » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi zenyosh. My name is Net10 Emma. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
Net - Emma

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your NET10.