New phone rip-off

New phone rip-off

Postby triggletomagneto » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Net10 offered both myself and my partner a new phone.
When we asked why, the answer was "just because". No caveats, no warnings, no nothing. I asked the rep if I could expand the storage with an additional SD card and I was told "yes."
Now, after spending three weeks trying to move all my contacts and apps from my iPhone 4 to the Samsung they gave me, I've reached a limit as to what the phone will and won't allow.
First, the phone is maxed out with native apps that you cannot take off. Secondly, it's a 2gb card that can't be modified.
The service reps and supervisors I spoke to (Lloyd, Caulenne, et al) showed no concern and offered no solution. The stonewalling I experienced was the kind you receive when you know they know that something was not done right. When I asked why they offered us new phones, Lloyd did come clean and say that it's because our iPhone 4's would no longer work on their cell towers. Had they told us this to begin with, we could've have asked for solutions that offered a seamless transition to and parity with our iPhone 4. Now, we've wasted weeks of time, hours of calls, buying SD cards that we didn't need to, etc.
We have sung Net10's praises for nearly five years. Well, that's certainly gonna change. There's no reason to put up with service this appaling.
triggletomagneto

Re: New phone rip-off

Postby Net - Katie » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi triggletomagneto,
My name is NET Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. It is located at the top left corner of your screen. It is next to User Control Panel. Thank you.
Net - Katie

Return to Current specials, promotions and discount codes.