Can I Transfer My Minutes??

Can I Transfer My Minutes??

Postby baldbeauty » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:10 am

I very recently and inadvertently (more on that in a min) became a Net10 user after being with Straight Talk for over 5 years.
With Straight Talk I had an old Motorola flip phone (that used Verizon) until about mid June when I finally decided to upgrade to a smartphone, I ordered the ZTE Merit but never thought to check and see what network it used (to be honest, I was under the impression that all ST phones used Verizon).
Anyway, it turns out that the ZTE uses either AT&T or Sprint, regardless, both provide inadequate coverage where I work and live. This is a major problem because I use my phone for work quite a bit plus like to keep in touch with wife and kids, blah,blah, blah.

So, I did some research and discovered the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim. Uses Verizon network, phone got good reviews, available through Straight Talk, perfect, oops , no it isn't available , according to the ST site, at least not in my area.. I also tried Walmart site, it wasn't available there either.

So, nat that point, I was a little desperate, I'm stuck with a phone that is hit and miss, never sure if it's going to work when I need it (I actually liked the ZTE Merit, the real issue was the network), so I have to do something fast but I don't want to leave ST , in part due to the fact that a week or so ago, I purchased/activated a $45 unlimited card, so I'm desperately searching online and discovered that I could buy the Galaxy Proclaim through Amazon so I did, and the day I knew it was due to arrive, I shipped my ZTE Merit back to ST.
BUT
much to my surprise, when my new Galaxy Proclaim came, it was it was in a Net10 box.

I don't want to return the phone because I need one plus have a huge issue with the idea of going from ST to Net10. It seems like they are pretty much the same, in fact they are even owned by the same company, so I wondered if I could switch the 3 weeks of service I have remaining with ST to my new Net10 account? They even use the same reps which I discovered while spending extended time on ST site before I ordered the phone, a chat bubble popped up and when I explained my situation, the rep offered to sell me a Net10 Samsung Galaxy Proclaim since she represented both companies
Is transferring minutes an unreasonable request?
baldbeauty

Re: Can I Transfer My Minutes??

Postby Jude » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:16 am

Hi baldbeauty. My name is NET10 Jude. Unfortunately it's not possible transfer the remaining service you have from Straight Talk to Net10 since Straight Talk service only works with Straight Talk phones and vice versa. What we can do is only activate your new Net10 phone and if you want we can transfer the phone number. Thanks.
Jude

Postby baldbeauty » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 am

Net10Jude, Thanks for taking the time to respond. I do not understand while minutes can't be transferred when both companies have the same owner? I don't like throwing 3 weeks of service away
baldbeauty

Postby Jude » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:02 am

baldbeauty, although Net10 and Straight Talk are subsidiary companies they have a seperate system . We can only transfer the phone number from Net10 to Straight Talk. Thanks.
Jude

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general NET10 discussions.