Net10 Buy a SIM Card 3G/4G?

Net10 Buy a SIM Card 3G/4G?

Postby iKnyte » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:10 pm

So I have an LG Thrill 4G (unlocked) and I'm planning to use Net10's new "Bring Your Own Phone" service. You know, the one where it lets you buy a sim card and put it into any compatible phone. (I'm on the $50 unlimited plan for Net10 on my current Android)

So my questions are:
-Will it work with the Thrill 4g?
-Will I be able to use the 4g?
-If not, can I use 3g?
-When purchasing the SIM, do I click on a "Compatible AT&T Phone" or "An Unlocked Phone"?

If anyone can answer these then it would be great. Thanks
iKnyte

Re: Net10 Buy a SIM Card 3G/4G?

Postby Lindsay » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:56 am

Hi iKnyte. My name is Net10 Lindsay. As long as it is an AT&T or T-Mobile compatible phone or unlocked domestic GSM phone, it should work with our Net10 BYOP SIM card. The data services will only operate on a 3G network. Thanks.
Lindsay

Postby darkwriter2011 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:04 am

I just bought an AT&T phone and bought the Net 10 sim card. I live in a really small, rural town and I get 3g most of the time.

As far as which thing you should select while ordering the sim card, select the AT&T one unless your phone is actually an unlock one.

I will tell you that you will still have all the AT&T stuff on your phone and I have yet to find away to get it off mine. It takes up a lot of space. Also I have problems with it sometimes switching back to the AT&T APN. It's kind of a pain, but I can't figure out how to delete the AT&T one. I even call Net 10 and they told me to call the company that made my phone. As far as I've read, there is no way to remove it short of rooting your phone. Which I can't do.
darkwriter2011

Postby FallenOne008 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:41 pm

I had just recently bought the sim card service as well, I am using a Nexus 1 phone. I loved the service on my old phone with net10. Now that I have made the switch to the sim card service, my coverage has been horrible. I get no reception in any of the places I go except at my house. Be warned that if you make the switch your coverage might drop down to nothing.
FallenOne008

Postby iKnyte » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:25 pm

@Darkwriter2011 isn't it in the APN Settings? Like holding down the AT&T APN or sliding it left or right? :/ Havn't actually tried it yet but eh. Oh and what do you mean by unless my phone is really an unlocked one? If @Lindsay could answer that question too it would be great.

It said in the ebay post that it was unlocked but I'm having it shipped back to LG to get it fixed cause I epicly failed while trying to update it to Gingerbread via LG Updater Tool. I'm not sure if they're gonna reset everything so the phone is back to its locked state so should I just pick the AT&T Compatible Phone option? Thanks.
iKnyte

Postby ran215 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:39 am

I took my LG Thrill to my local phone store in Philly to have it set up for a Simple Mobile acct. The Guy told me about Net10. Which I knew nothing about. Dropped my phone off, came back in an hour and was very pleased. I don't have a problem with the service at all and I'm a truck driver, so I travel a lot. 4g speed all the times. :D
ran215

Postby Jessica1 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:53 pm

We're glad to know that, ran215. Should you have any concerns with your NET10 service, please let us know. Thank you.
Jessica1

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general NET10 discussions.