Premium Messaging to this mobile number has been BLOCKED

Premium Messaging to this mobile number has been BLOCKED

Postby TPBGirl » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:56 pm

I have had this LG501C for about 60 days now. One of the NEW Net 10 phones.

I am trying to get something on my phone and it requires to text you a verifcation code, well I keep getting the text message that says... "from 731-50... Premium messaging to this mobile number has been blocked. Only the account owner may request a change to this setting with his or her wireless service provider."

Ok, so how can I change this setting? I do NOT want my premium messaging blocked. I bought this fancy phone because of its premium messaging/features.

Help?
TPBGirl

Re: Premium Messaging to this mobile number has been BLOCKED

Postby Lindsay » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:31 am

Hi TPBGirl. My name is Net10 Lindsay and I will be addressing your inquiry. Premium SMS refers to activities that usually involve sending a text message to a designated “short code” or buying or attempting to buy SMS services. Premium SMS services or campaigns are not supported by Net10 Wireless. Thank you.
Lindsay

Postby Rabidrra » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:43 am

Since when has this type of messaging been unsupported.

I just upgraded from an ancient net10 motorola v176 (which I have used for almost 5 years) to the LG800G. I transfered my old number and account to the new phone so why cant I get messages from a service that worked on the old phone?

I can no longer receive messages from short code messaging services that worked on the v176right up until the time I changed phones. The company I work for sends schedules and other impot messages via a "short code" service.

I am very dissapointed by this. i have been a loyal supporter of Net10 for five years and recommend it to a lot of people and now you're letting me down.
Rabidrra

Postby Stephanie » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi Rabidrra. My name is NET10 Stephanie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. NET10 does not support Premium Messaging. You may refer to the Terms and Conditions on the NET10 website for more information. Thank you!
Net - Stephanie
Stephanie

Postby Rabidrra » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:04 am

Wow. That really didn't answer my question at all.

Net 10 Terms and Conditions states "You should not attempt to participate in Premium SMS services or campaigns other than those authorized by NET10."

Other than those authorized by Net10 implies that some SMS services are useable.

The messages I am trying to receive are from a service I was ALREADY getting with my old net10 phone upto and including the very day I switched phones. So why can't I get the same message service now? The only difference with my account is the phone I am using as I transfered my number to the new phone.
Rabidrra

Postby Stephanie » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:52 am

Hi Rabidrra. What services are you receiving premium messages on the old phone before?
Net - Stephanie
Stephanie

Postby aznhbob » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Did you save the old SIM card? If so, that will maybe get your services back. If it's a standard size, and the new phone takes a micro, they are easy to cut down, several videos on You Tube.
Bob
aznhbob

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general NET10 discussions.