Miscellaneous questions about replacing an old phone and wha

Miscellaneous questions about replacing an old phone and wha

Postby haji » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm

As an example, let's say I have 100 min/50 days left on my account and am using the T201G phone. If a buy a new T201 G phone from NET10 and activate it in place of my old phone,1) What is the best way to get the new phone to be linked to my current phone number and deactivate the other one? Can I simply remove the SIM card from the old one and install it into the new one?2) Will my resulting account units be 400 min/110 days upon activation of the new phone?3) What if I buy a new phone, say LG320G, and then decide to go back to my old phone, say T201G. If I am ok with keeping the LG320G as an inactive backup phone, hence keep it in the drawer, will there be any problems with keeping the 300 min/60days that were added to my account as a result of its activation?4) Is there a time limit on how soon I have to activate a phone after I purchase it online? For example, can it sit in my drawer for 3 months before I take it out of its shipping box and still qualify for the 300min/60 days?
haji

Re: Miscellaneous questions about replacing an old phone and

Postby Jessica1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:16 am

Good day, haji. My name is Jessica Net and I'll be addressing your questions. When transferring minutes, phone number and due date from one phone to another, you don't need to remove the SIM card out from the old phone to transfer everything to the new phone because we can do it from our end and SIM card will be rejected when inserted on a different phone. Just let us know and we'll assist you with the transfer process. If your new phone comes with 300 minutes and 60 service days, existing minutes from the old phone will be added to the bonus minutes and due date you'll receive upon activation of the new phone. When purchasing a new phone and you decided to keep it as an inactive back up phone and as long as it comes with 300 bonus minutes and 60 service days upon activation, as not all NET10 phones will give you bonus minutes and service days as updated on FAQ online, you will be able to keep it inactive for not more than a year from the purchase date and you will still eligible to receive your bonus minutes and service days upon activation. I believe these answers your question. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
Jessica1

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general NET10 discussions.