How soon can airtime/days of service be transferred?

How soon can airtime/days of service be transferred?

Postby millept » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:54 am

Recently I ported a number to NET10 which took the full 10 business days. I wanted to have a working cell phone during that time so I activated a 2nd NET10 phone with a new number. Now that my first phone is active with the ported number, I would like to transfer minutes & days of service from the 2nd phone. Question - When does a phone become eligible to transfer service? 1) I think that I must first use up the 300 minutes that came with the phone, and can transfer only paid airtime from a card I have added. (Please verify whether that is correct.) 2) Do I also need to wait until the end of the first 60 days of service? Please clarify the rules for me. I have read online that some people have had their phones turned off for transferring improperly, and I want to avoid that. Thanks very much for your help!
millept

Re: How soon can airtime/days of service be transferred?

Postby NET10 - Jasmin » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:10 am

Hi. My name is NET10 Jasmin and I will be addressing your question. Yes, you can transfer minutes which is paid minutes only. The 300 minutes and 60 days of service free upon activation of your new phone it is not transferrable. To keep your phone service active and to avoid losing your phone number, you can add additional airtime to your phone before the due date / service end date of your phone. I believe this answers your question. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
NET10 - Jasmin

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general NET10 discussions.