New Line. Service Doesn't Work. NET10 Can't Fix or Refund Me

New Line. Service Doesn't Work. NET10 Can't Fix or Refund Me

Postby domiluci » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:59 pm

The other day I opened a new line of service with NET10. I already have a functioning line from NET10, so I wanted to open a new line for another phone. I bought the SIM in store, and purchased the $20 airtime online during the activation process. After all was said and done I put the SIM in the NET10 phone I have, power cycled the phone a few times, and finally went to test the phone. I could send and receive texts, I could use data, but I could not send or receive phone calls.

If I called out, literally nothing happened; no ringing, no network error code, no sound, nothing period. If I called in from another phone, the other phone would ring twice and go to voicemail, but my NET10 phone wouldn't ring at all, like I was not getting a call at all; literally nothing happened. And yes, I have service where I'm at (as is evident also by the fact I have a functional line from NET10 already). No, it was not the phone (I tried this SIM in 4 other phones with the EXACT same result of no ringing, no network error code, no sound, no network connection at all... every phone just stayed on "Connecting..." and would end the call attempt after about 15 seconds). So I finally called NET10.

NET10 has the WORST customer service I have EVER dealt with, hands down. I spoke with, literally, 7 different representatives because nobody knew how to fix this. I was transferred from one rep to the next once the rep exhausted their troubleshooting lists. Each rep made me do the SAME THING EACH TIME even though I LITERALLY JUST DID THE SAME STUFF with the previous rep who transferred me. Tell me, how is doing the same thing 7 times going to make the phone work if it didn't work the first 6 times? Tech support should know how to do more than follow the same list of instructions, and NET10 tech support does not even know their own product.

So I finally just had to start "holding the tech rep's hands" and walking them through fixes. I went and got another SIM card, swapped to the new SIM, the same exact issue persisted. So it wasn't the SIM. Next, I had the number deactivated, changed, and reactivated. The same exact issue persisted.

By now, I figured this was unfixable and asked for a refund. I SPOKE WITH 4 DIFFERENT REPS AND STILL NEVER GOT A REFUND!!! Evidently, nobody can find the transaction number from the online purchase for $20 of airtime for this line, so they cannot give me a refund.

I have a phone I cannot use because I have service I cannot use because NET10 can't figure out the issue. So then when I asked for a refund, I now cannot get a refund because nobody can figure out how to refund me. NET10, what the heck is wrong with you?!

Tomorrow I'm calling corporate (which nobody would give me the number to). If I don't get a refund, I'm contacting my credit card company to get the money back, and then I contacting the BBB to lodge a complaint.

NET10, get it together. Seriously. And thanks for stealing $20 from me.
domiluci

Re: New Line. Service Doesn't Work. NET10 Can't Fix or Refun

Postby Net - Maria » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:01 pm

Hi domiluci. This is NET - Maria. Our sincere apologies for the bad experience that you have gone through with our service. Please know that this is never the experience we want you to have. We will be escalating this issue to our highest department so we can have this issue resolved as soon as possible. For us to do this, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
Net - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general NET10 discussions.