Moving SIM from phone to phone

Moving SIM from phone to phone

Postby tinglett » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:41 pm

I have a phone that died so I moved the net10 SIM from the dead phone to a new one. It worked just fine and the phone number "transferred" to the new phone without any additional work. It has been working well for about a year now. And it is still working fine.

But now I realize that the phone serial number net10 has on record is wrong. It's still the old, dead, phone of course since I didn't do anything with net10 to do a transfer. And now when I call net10 on a topic they tell me this doesn't work! Does anyone else do this? It really is working fine -- calls, texts, data, etc. It's a CDMA SIM if that makes a difference.

I'm wondering if I need to procure a new sim card and transfer the phone number just so that net10 has the phone's serial number "on file."

The real problem I have encountered is that I managed to fix the original phone and want to reuse it, and the net10 support folks are confused because they think the original phone is still the one in use.
tinglett

Re: Moving SIM from phone to phone

Postby Net - Maria » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Hi tinglett. I'm NET - Maria. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. For us to address this issue immediately, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
Net - Maria

Postby Dopesickjoe » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:58 am

I need the unlock pin for my sim card so I can switch phones please
Dopesickjoe

Postby Net - Maria » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:34 pm

Hi Dopesickjoe. I'm NET -Maria. Yes, we're here and eager to help you. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
Net - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general NET10 discussions.