How can I change the name shown in caller ID?

How can I change the name shown in caller ID?

Postby mevermeulen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:20 pm

How can I change the name that gets displayed by caller ID when I call someone with my Net10 SIM card? There is a name there but it isn't me or anyone I know.

I contacted Net10 support via Chat and was told that Net10 can't change this information. Unfortunately, the chat support person also couldn't tell me who or where to update this information.

I looked through my Android 6.0 phone and found places where I can change whether the phone # gets displayed or not or goes to the network (Net10) default. However, I couldn't find any place on my phone that actually sets the name.

I also found that other carriers do seem to be able to help fix caller ID information. For example when I go to Straight Talk and look up their FAQs (https://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/help/faqs/), it tells me to contact Straight Talk support for (Straight Talk SIMS).

If Net10 support can't update caller ID information for Net10 SIMS and can't tell me how to update this information, then where do I get it fixed? Also if Straight Talk can fix incorrect caller ID information, then why can't Net10?
mevermeulen

Re: How can I change the name shown in caller ID?

Postby Net - Larry » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi mevermeulen. My name is NET10 Larry. We apologize for the trouble. Let us help you fix your Caller ID issue. We need to take this issue offline so we can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Please click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. Thank you.
Net - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general NET10 discussions.