Please help - cannot update LG L45C Android software

Please help - cannot update LG L45C Android software

Postby jdfrost » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:58 am

Hello,

I have an Android LG Optimus Net LGL45C. I have installed the driver software from the lg website and when it got to the point that it tried to check for software updates it told me there was an error and directed me to click "contact" and then I was directed to go to the lg website. I looked for a manual download but my phone model number is not listed on the site...the closest is the LGL55C. How can I update the phone software?

Please help me on this. I am getting nowhere it seams.

Thanks, John
jdfrost

Re: Please help - cannot update LG L45C Android software

Postby Net - Ashley » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi jdfrost. My name is NET10 Ashley. From the main screen, press the MENU key. Tap "Settings". Press and slide your finger up the phone to get to the end of the options. Tap "About Phone”. Tap "Update Profile”. You will be notified when the update is complete; tap "OK”. Tap "Update PRL”. You will be notified when the update is complete; tap "OK". Provide us the outcome.
Net - Ashley

Postby jdfrost » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:33 pm

I have done as you have mentioned and actually check for updates on the PRL, profile and firmware at least one to times each week. The option that is not showing on my Android from Net10 is the option for Software Update which is supposed to be listed right below the option for Settings update. I have contacted LG directly and they said that I need to contact my provider, which I am doing and have done so many times. At the present, I am not in the market for upgrading the phone to make sure I get the software updates to the Android but I wanted to know if there is a way that I can have the option for Software update showing in the list I just mentioned. I checked the exact same phone with StraightTalk which I am understanding is also from TracFone as is Net10, and their LG L45C Android shows the option for Software update which on the line just below Settings update. Is there someway you can help me to have this option show on my Android? Thanks for any help that you can provide.
jdfrost

Postby Net - Ashley » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi jdfrost. My name is NET10 Ashley. We’re sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message.
Net - Ashley

Postby jdfrost » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi Ashley,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. If you would to, you can reach me by ph or email. I will check this forum later as I do not feel comfortable listing my ph # in the publc forum area.

John
jdfrost

Postby jdfrost » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Just checking back to see if someone can please help me on this matter. I just checked the tutorial for the LG L45C through Net10 and even the tutorial shows the option for Software Update that I had mentioned earlier.

This is the website that shows the tutorial:
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/net1 ... gation=end

Please email me at jdfrost@surewest.net

Thanks, John
jdfrost

Postby Net - Jayme » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi jdfrost. My name is NET Jayme. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Net - Jayme

Postby tmckeone » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:36 pm

can you please help me also on the update issue i lost cell service in some area where i had it before thanks
tmckeone

Postby johncarr011 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:59 am

I am having the same update trouble. Error code 67 and no update option. I hope this can be resolved. Please help
johncarr011

Postby Anne2 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:24 am

Hi johncarr011. My name is NET10 Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly through a private message. Thanks.
NET10 - Anne
Anne2

Next

Return to LG