LG Optimus Net. Turns on but screen is froze...

LG Optimus Net. Turns on but screen is froze...

Postby fuzzy281 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi I have a LG Optimus Net that I just bought not to long ago. It is a great phone until now :(. I am not sure if it was the force shutdown that caused this or the water drop that fell on the speaker part of the phone. Although after the water drop fell on the speaker part of the phone it still worked until I forced shut down my phone by taking the battery out because I download a app called Handcent and it was freezing. Now what I get is the phone starting up like normal everything starts up to the front screen except it just doesn't work I can not unlock it or anything after a couple seconds or so the screen will turn black like it does to save energy and then I can not no matter what button I push get it to even show the screen it was showing it just stays black??? Could it be a software problem or is it the water. I really think its a software problem but IDK. O yea and I can recieve a call and even answer it and it says that there is a problem with some android program one that is already installed on the phone not like a app I installed or anything and gives me the choice to force close or wait. Someone please help I need my phone for work and I do not want to buy another one because they are expensive. Thanks ahead of time -Fuzzy.

TLDR; Downloaded app Handcent and it started to freeze so I took the battery out after that screen is froze and won't unfreeze no matter what I do. Also a drop of water before this fell onto the speaker area I got it off right away aound the phone worked up until the taking the battery out situation so I am thinking its like software problem or something.

-Fuzzy
fuzzy281

Re: LG Optimus Net. Turns on but screen is froze...

Postby Debbie1 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi fuzzy281. My name is Net Debbie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
NET10 - Debbie
Debbie1

Postby kayeange » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:11 am

Several months ago, I upgrade from a Motorola flip phone (which cost me $30 for 60 days) to the LG Optimus Q (which costs me $50 a month, no other option) so I could have a cool, new "smart phone".

Evidently, Net 10 only sells "dumb phones". Or rather, they sell smart phones, but they're too dumb to get their programming right. :shock:

Every month since I've had this thing, and one month in the middle, it has deactivated. For no reason. :evil:

I call in as soon as customer service opens, and spend countless hours on the phone, on hold, while I'm escalated to the next service tier, until they can find someone who can fix my phone. I'm given reason after reason as to why this happens. It's always a "network error" (well, duh!) or a glitch in their system and they always promise me it will not happen again.

Well, tonight, it happened again. I still have until March 3 on my service time, so I don't need to add air time yet. I was texting with my husband, and suddenly, my phone just stops working. I tried to call his cell, and I'm told by a voice message that my account couldn't be validated. :?:

I am not even going to try to call in using my husband's cell phone, because it would run down before they'd be able to get my phone fixed. I had my house phone deactivated (go figure) because with all these cell phones, I figured it was a waste of money. Stupid me.

You guys think this company is the only one with a decent value? I thought so, too... I've been with Net10 for over 8 years... in fact, we had six phones at one time for over 4 years with them. But recently, a friend of mine purchased an even nicer phone than I have, at Cricket, and pays only $5 more a month than I do. I've been swearing for the past two months that I'm going to switch my remaining phones over to Cricket... and it looks like now is the time.

I highly doubt Net10 will answer this post, and I can't even send in a trouble ticket... even THAT doesn't work (online).

I. GIVE. UP. WITH. NET10.
kayeange

Postby Anne2 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:32 am

Hi kayeange. My name is NET10 Anne. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
NET10 - Anne
Anne2

Return to LG