LGL45C Net Ten will Not Update Soft-Ware.

LGL45C Net Ten will Not Update Soft-Ware.

Postby chrisu62 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:09 am

Just got off the phone with LG and they say it's net 10's responsibility to up date the firmware and software. How can I get the newest software installed on my phone? I have had this phone since November and it has never taken an up-date. Now LGL45CT2 is out and they wont give it to me. :evil:
chrisu62

Re: LGL45C Net Ten will Not Update Soft-Ware.

Postby Net - Ashley » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:49 am

Hi Chrisu62. My name is NET10 Ashley. What update are you trying to ask? We don't update software installed on the phone.
Net - Ashley

Postby MDonah » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:56 am

Net10 won't update your firmware because they can't. The firmware update comes from LG itself. I just updated my firmware this morning to lgl45ct2. What you need to do is be connected to wifi first because the firmware update requires a wi-fi connection. It won't update via your regular 3G connection. So first, on your phone, go to settings -> Wireless & networks -> Wi-Fi and tap on that to activate it. Your phone will scan for available wi-fi networks. Connect to one that doesn't have a padlock icon showing next to the antenna icon or if you have your own wi-fi setup connect to it. Next under settings again, go to About phone -> Settings update -> Check for updates and tap that to start the process. The phone will locate the firmware update and go through the update process with no additional effort on your part. After the update is completed, when you scroll down to software version under About phone, you'll see LGL45CT2!!!! :D Hope this helps!
John 3:16
MDonah

Postby MDonah » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:13 am

This is an addendum to my previous post.

The entire process will take about 5 minutes. A message will say that updates are available for your phone. When you accept, the firmware will download.

The installation process will start once you accept what the message that comes up says will happen.

Once the firmware is installed, your phone will restart.

The "Update software" will change to "Update firmware".
MDonah

Postby Net - Ashley » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:56 am

Hi MDonah,

Why are you trying to have the phones software updated? Are you having problems with the phone? Please let us know.

Thank.
Net - Ashley

Postby MDonah » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:50 am

Net - Ashley wrote:Hi MDonah,

Why are you trying to have the phones software updated? Are you having problems with the phone? Please let us know.

Thank.

You would update the firmware on the phone for the same reason you would flash the BIOS on your PC to a newer revision or update the device drivers - bug fixes, improved handling of system internals, improved handling of connected devices, etc.

When I updated my firmware, there were some additional menu choices made available and a new "quick switch" feature I hadn't seen before.
MDonah

Postby MDonah » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:19 pm

When I updated my firmware, there were some additional menu choices made available and a new "quick switch" feature I hadn't seen before.[/quote]

I finally read the entire owner's manual .pdf I downloaded from LGE.

The "quick switch" has been available right along. You simply press and hold the home key and the last 8 apps you used will show up in a box that comes up on screen. Tap on one of the icons to go to that app.

OOPS! My bad. :oops:
MDonah

Postby Net - Ashley » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:58 am

Hi MDonah. We’re sorry that you’re having a problem. Let me continue to help you. I've sent you a private message. Please check your forum inbox.
Net - Ashley

Return to LG