LG900G: How to fix Time & Date? (Resolved)

LG900G: How to fix Time & Date? (Resolved)

Postby joopyhellspawn » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:49 pm

Just activated my LG900G. It is apparently thinks that it is Jan 02, 2010. I have turned it off several times to try to get it to automatically adjust the time; doesn't fix it. There are no menu items for fixing the time. In World Clock it won't let me delete the "Home" city of Dallas (showing wrong date and time). I've also removed the battery and sim cards and that didn't work either. My online search has discovered that this is a common issue but I have yet to find a solution. Please somebody here help me. I am not in the mood to spend a lot of time on the phone with Customer Service just now.
Last edited by joopyhellspawn on Sun May 01, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joopyhellspawn

Re: LG900G: How to fix Time & Date?

Postby Anne2 » Sun May 01, 2011 6:07 am

Hi. My name is Net 10 Anne and I will be addressing your question.

Please try to restore the factory settings on your phone but please note, this process may delete your saved files or downloaded files:

1. From the main screen, please press the key below the word "Menu."
2. Using your arrow keys go to "Settings," and press the OK key.
3. Go to "Reset Settings" and press OK.
4. "Master Reset" will appear highlighted.
Press OK.
5. "All settings will be reset. Continue?" will be displayed.
Make your selection and press OK.
6. You will be prompted to enter your security code; please enter your 4-digit security code, then press OK.
7. To exit, press the PWR/END key.

Hope that helps. Thanks.
NET10 - Anne
Anne2

Re: LG900G: How to fix Time & Date?

Postby joopyhellspawn » Sun May 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Thanks Anne but I went ahead and called Customer Service. Even though at first it sounded like the rep was going to take me through the idiot walk all over agian, once I made it clear that I had done all the usual steps she got me fixed up in no time at all. She had me enter a bunch of numbers into the Code Entry mode.

Menu- Prepaid- Code Entry- 76952489383971401100548 (ok) [Code Accepted]
Turn off phone then back on.
Voila! Correct time and date.

Now Operamini, and Gmail work.

Just a caveat: that number she had me enter might only work on my phone because she did have me verify my serial number, especially the last four.
joopyhellspawn

Re: LG900G: How to fix Time & Date? (Resolved)

Postby phantom76 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:50 pm

I have the same issue but the email group couldn't help and ask that I call LG for support with setting the date and time on my phone. Who at net10 do I need to call to provide me the code?
phantom76

Re: LG900G: How to fix Time & Date? (Resolved)

Postby phantom76 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:09 pm

The email response team is unable to help me with this issue. They say I need to call LG and ask them how to reset the date and time. Is there anyone at NET10 that can provide me the same a code that resolved this issue too?
Calling support and email group have not been able to help.
phantom76

Return to LG