LG900g Firmware Update - How?

LG900g Firmware Update - How?

Postby curstpriest » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:09 am

I have Firmware "LG900GHL V10h" on two handsets, both have similar issues with various things that can probably be fixed via firmware updates (browser problems/memory errors, home menu latency, calendar+alarm repeat errors, etc). Anyway, the LG update tool announced that the 900g has an update version available, but it is unable to download it to the phone via USB cable. I assume this is because the phone has most of its AT commands disabled to prevent tethering or whatever on your end.

There is not much information about what the update does, or how to apply it, but I assume that it fixes some of these annoyances.

Is there another way to complete the firmware update?
Some carriers have a service number that can be dialed to push firmware updates to phones, or a bin file can be dropped into some update directory on the phone's flash memory, or some other software application for flashing over USB.
curstpriest

Re: LG900g Firmware Update - How?

Postby Jessica1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Good day, curstpriest. My name is Jessica Net and I'll be addressing your concern. What particular error did you get when you try to download that firmware update vis USB cable? Please let us know. Thank you.
Jessica1

Postby smfarruggia » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:53 pm

I am having the same problem.... Please Help.
smfarruggia

Postby Jessica1 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Good day, smfarruggia. My name is Jessica Net and I'll be addressing your concern. What particular error did you get when you try to download that firmware update vis USB cable? Please let us know so we can provide you with the right instructions. Thank you.
Jessica1

Postby andIamtellingyou » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:55 pm

Where are you guys getting this update from? The update tool that I found at LG's website does not have any update for the LG900G - or any net10 phone. So how did you get the tool to announce that there is an update for the LG900G?
Actually, I found no reference to the LG900G at LG's website. I think if there is going to be an update, it will have to come from net10. But if you get one that works and improves the performance of the phone, let me know!
andIamtellingyou

Postby LangtonBen » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:47 am

Jessica1,

Can you please inform us as to whether there is, indeed a firmware, and/or OS update for the LG900G, where to get it, and how to apply it?

I have several severe issues, which are all software related.
1. MP3 Player takes 5 minutes to start (I have 641 MP3s; this does not seem excessive; the phone came with a 4GB MicroSD card...) It would be ideal to be able to turn off the ID3 tag indexing of the MP3s. I keep them in appropriately named folders and files; I just want to play a whole folder of MP3s, like other inexpensive MP3 players do.

2. MP3 Player plays only one MP3 at a time, then stops. This and #1 make it essentially useless. The MP3 player was the main reason I chose this phone over the free ones...

3. Sometimes (twice, so far), when deleting a subfolder of the Music folder, on the MicroSD card, it appears that the entire contents of the card have been deleted. The only way I have found to be able to access files on the card again is to turn the phone off and back on.

Thank you,

Ben Langton
LangtonBen

Postby LangtonBen » Tue May 08, 2012 11:43 am

Can someone from Net10 please reply to the above posts?

Thanks,

Ben Langton
LangtonBen

Postby Jessica1 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:15 am

Hi LangtonBen. You may try to download an Opera Mini application from www.opera.com to expand your phone's data capability and let us know if this helps. Thank you.
Jessica1

Return to LG