Samsung t401g and Opera Browser

Samsung t401g and Opera Browser

Postby Bobt » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:43 am

Hello,

I have the Samsung T401g. I am relatively happy with this phone with the exception of the web browser. I rarely use it, but it is so slow when I do attempt to use it. I have attempted to download the Opera Mini browser, but have had no luck with the installation. Does anyone know if this is even possible with this phone? If so, how can it be done? Thanks.
Bobt

Re: Samsung t401g and Opera Browser

Postby Net - Ashley » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi Bobt.

We’re sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message.
Net - Ashley

Postby MDonah » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:52 pm

Bobt wrote:Hello,

I have the Samsung T401g. I am relatively happy with this phone with the exception of the web browser. I rarely use it, but it is so slow when I do attempt to use it. I have attempted to download the Opera Mini browser, but have had no luck with the installation. Does anyone know if this is even possible with this phone? If so, how can it be done? Thanks.

On your phone's mobile browser, enter the following in the address bar:

http://m.umnet.com

Select Download by ID. In the entry field, put in the following number: 617282 then click go, then click download. Since you used the phone to download the file, it should download and install properly.

From the screenshot that I saw, this is the right version of the browser for the Samsung T401G's 178 x 220 screen size.
John 3:16
MDonah

Postby Net - Ashley » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:32 am

Hi Bobt.

“Go to m.opera.com on your phone. On the page it brings up select "Other download options", on the page that brings up go way down the page near the bottom until it says "Options for Opera Mini 6.5" and click-on the "Select Code-Signing Certificate". On the page that brings up select "All certificates" then on the next page you select "Download Opera Mini 6.5" and that will get you Opera Mini 6.5 with signed certificates.”

Thanks.
Net - Ashley

Return to Samsung